Feelin' Fishy?


Learning to read cvc words

I am having a great time revising some of my original products, and adding some more value to them! I have just finished adding some extra pages to Go Swish Fish! I also listed it on TpT for the first time. Click above to check it out.

It now has 
  • ten printable games and 
  • five worksheets.
There are two games and a worksheet for each short vowel sound. I like to structure my cvc activities on the short vowel sound - it gives me great opportunities to heighten awareness of the short vowel sounds, and teach them very explicitly. I have found that most students that struggle with reading and writing also struggle with short vowel sounds. 

The short vowels are in the medial position of cvc words: 
  • Short a -like in cat
  • Short e - like in pet
  • Short i - like in pig
  • Short o - like in hop
  • Short u - like in hut

Free cvc word worksheet

Here is a page from the file, that you can download fro free. Click on the image below.